A public event in Platt Fields Park on 4th May will use the Local Action Project's BOUNTY mapping to explore opportunities for South Manchester's Brooks.
If you would like to join in the event, which is taking place in the Platt Fields Visitor Centre from 10am to 2pm on 4th may, please book your place including lunch here.
Free tea and cake!
We are inviting locals to join us for tea and cake in Haskayne Village Hall on Saturday 18th March. This event is for local people to learn more about water quality, and to have an enjoyable afternoon.
There's a treasure hunt and stickers for anyone who comes along, and it's all free!
If you live or work nearby, please pop in and say hello.
Where: Haskayne Village Hall,
109 School Lane, Downholland, L39 7JE
When: 1pm to 4pm on 18th March
URBAN WATER MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
Collaborative water management in the urban environment can realise multiple benefits including reduced flood risk, improved water quality and biodiversity, greater amenity and enhanced community health and wellbeing.
These workshops are designed to build capacity and expertise within CaBA partnerships to help drive greater collaborative delivery within the urban environment. The workshop programmes will include:
- Governance, roles and responsibilities across key stakeholders
- Urban Ecosystem Service Benefits
- Key Datasets
- SuDS, Misconnections and Pollution Monitoring
- Targeting and Design of Interventions
- A lunchtime discussion session with Local Authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Treasure Hunt
- Litter boat funding
- Call of Nature - Project Launch
- Natural Course
- New Director
- River Guardians scheme launch
- Great Cheadle Hulme Easter Hunt
- Urban Water Management Workshop
- Competition to name a stream
- Consulting on Diffuse Pollution from Agriculture
- Locals to help shape the plans for a stream
- River Surveys
- Opening up the River Mersey In Stockport
- Bookings open for consultation workshops
- Gathering evidence from Micker Brook
- Interpretation of the Carbon Landscape
- Last chance to respond to SuDS consultation
- Environment Agency Consultations In Progress
- SuDs Consultation closes 24th Oct
- Mersey Estuary Forum - 2014
- River Basin Management Planning
- Manchester and Pennine Waters Forum
- Mersey Flow event to be in Stockport
- Japanese Visit to Salford Quays
- Litter Boat
- Manchester and Pennine Waterway Partnership